HipChat Integration - error encountered during hipchat link

Signo February 3, 2015

Hi,

The integration between Confluence and HipChat doesn't work. The platforms are both server version.

Please find below the errore encountered during the HipChat Integration procedure after filled-in the HipChat address.

Error encountered creating your hipchat link

Something went wrong integrating Confluence and HipChat. We probably had trouble connecting to the HipChat server. Check that the connection between your server and HipChat is working correctly and try again.

What's wrong ?

Thanks

Marco

11 answers

2 votes
B_ Normann P_ Nielsen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2015

I have no fact based clue regarding certificate, my best guess is that selfsigned will not work smile

Adam S. February 2, 2016

Changing the self-signed certificate to a signed certificate by a 3rd party worked for me. Follow the steps in this article. The CA bundle that we received from Comodo had the root CA in it as well. It didn't upload properly with the root CA. As per the documentation, include the Intermediate CA only.

1 vote
ServicedeskS September 4, 2015

We had the same problem trying to connect JIRA/Confluence to our own local hipchat server. (with the Hipchat integration tool)

It connected to http:// and not https:// and installed the addon on the hipchat server and then got connection problems. Then we added the public key (crt) from our installed certicate in hipchat.

Password for the java keystore is changeit. (don't blame the messenger) 

$Java_home is  /opt/atlassian/[ jira or confluence]/jre

1. Removed integration Jira/Confluence tool from hipchat.
  2. Put your certificate (CRT) in  /usr/local/share/ca-certificates/
  3. sudo update-ca-certificates (For linux cert store)
  4. Run command on the JIRA server: (for Java keystore) /opt/atlassian/jira/jre/bin#  sudo ./keytool -importcert -alias hipchat -keystore /opt/atlassian/jira/jre/lib/security/cacerts -file /usr/local/share/ca-certificates/[certicate.crt]  

5. Run command on the confluence server:(for Java keystore)  sudo ./keytool -importcert -alias hipchat -keystore /opt/atlassian/confluence/jre/lib/security/cacerts -file /usr/local/share/ca-certificates/[certicate.crt]

6. Add certificate: yes

7. (Default) Password for the keystore Java : changeit

8. Connect to https://hipchat.domain.com (own local hipchat server)
1 vote
Arya Banerjee February 4, 2015

Hi Marco,

I am also user of Confluence 5.6.6 and was trying to use Confluence HipChat integration Plugin to integrate HipChat with Confluence. I completed the first step but I am stuck in the 2nd step as HipChat integration plugin is not allowing me to select rooms or spaces for Chat.

Confluence HipChat Integration Plugin v. 6.11.1

Regards,

Arya

1 vote
Arya Banerjee February 3, 2015

Hi Marco,

What version of Confluence are you using? What plugin are you using to integrate? So far as I know, we only be able to do an integration to HipChat Cloud and not Server yet.

Regards,

Arya

0 votes
Sascha Schwegelbauer April 21, 2015

Same Problem here with the most recent versions of JIRA (6.4.2) and HipChat (1.2.4)

0 votes
Richard Rees March 25, 2015

I've deleted the integration and re-attempted several times to no avail.

Tried with self-signed and now with GeoTrust RapidSSL with no change to this error message... aaargggh.

I have confirmed via keytool that the JIRA server has GeoTrust Global as a trusted CA. Chain should be solid, but no dice.

Ideas anyone??

carol.li April 16, 2015

did you fixed this issues, I have the same issues now, don't know what can I with it.

Normann P. Nielsen (Netic)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2015

Try to delete all JIRA integration stuff at https://xxxx.hipchat.com/admin/addons and restart JIRA, I had problems again this time where an "Hipchat Upgrade" was required...

carol.li April 17, 2015

I don't want upgrade now... tried delete the JIRA integration in HipChat server, then restart JIRA, try again still get this error. I need find another way, thank for help.

Sascha Schwegelbauer April 21, 2015

Same Problem here. Is Atlassian reading this thread or do we have to open a ticket?

Roman Zaytsev July 17, 2015

I have the same problem...

ODW SW Account July 19, 2015

After I installed the certificate into my Java keystore in JIRA, this problem was fixed.

0 votes
Manoj Kumar February 26, 2015

Thanks @Normann P. Nielsen for reply. Could you also please tell me whether it works with self signed certificate (default that comes with hipchat) or I will need proper certificate before doing integration ?

0 votes
B_ Normann P_ Nielsen
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 26, 2015

Yes - Delete the integration for the product on https://xxxx.hipchat.com/admin/addons and redo it from JIRA/Confluence.

Then it worked again for me.

0 votes
Manoj Kumar February 26, 2015

I am getting the same error. Anyone is able to resolve this issue ?

0 votes
B_ Normann P_ Nielsen
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 13, 2015

Same here... should never have seleted to "upgrade" to new API Stuff sad

0 votes
Signo February 4, 2015

Hi Arya,

Not properly: The integration on servers side worked correctly before the last release of HipChat Server (1.0).

After the upgrade the integration between Confluence Server and HipChat doesn't work. Please find below a screenshot about the Integration plugin:

Screenshot at feb 04 16-06-33.png

Below the version used:

Confluence Server v. 5.6.5
Atlassian HipChat 1.0 build 1.1.7 (2015.01.26.233926)
Confluence HipChat Integration Plugin v. 6.11.1

Thank you for your support.

Best

m.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events