Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiding the "Blank Page" and "blog" templates for a Space

Dennis Roche August 18, 2016

Can you remove the ability to create "Blank Page" or "Blog Post" from the default Create options? I have disabled all other blueprints and I have created 2 specific templates that I want to be the only templates available to use in a Space. Is this possible to do? See below image.

image2016-8-18 7:40:26.png

2 answers

0 votes
Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2016

There is no way (that i know of) to disable the default blank page template.  However, there is an open ticket where Atlassian are requesting use cases for amending the default template: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-3697

If they provide that functionality you could amend that template and users would be forced to use that if it's the only template available.  Worth adding your use case to that ticket.

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2016

The blog post option is removed in space permissions. If the user does not have the Blog Add option they will not see that.

image2016-8-18 15:10:46.png

As for blank page you could do that with some CSS added to the Custom HTML section in Confluence Admin. Put this in the "At end of the BODY" section. It must be in the Custom HTML to work everywhere in Confluence as opposed to the Stylesheet section in Confluence Admin. The reason being the global stylesheet is not applied to anything within Confluence Admin.

<style type="text/css">
li[data-item-module-complete-key*="create-blank-page"] {display: none !important;}
</style>
sandipta sucharita May 21, 2020

It didn't work. Can you suggest anything please.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events