Hiding the global header on a specific space

Hello!

I'm just wondering if there is anyway to disable the global header for a particular space using Confluence Cloud. 

I appreciate any suggestions!

Thanks

4 answers

1 accepted

I finally found an answer. What I did was I went into the space where I wanted the global header disabled and then went into that space's specific "look and feel" and then changed the header which overrides the global header. The easiest thing to put was "----" which just creates a horizontal rule at the top.

Thanks everyone!

0 vote

If by "global header", you mean the "generic menu bar across the top that you need for basic navigation in Confluence", then no, you can't hide it.

If you mean the "global header" you can apply in the global settings, then, yes, there is some stuff you can do in the html to hide it on a space-by-space basis, but it's not easy or clever.

0 vote

This sounds like a smaller part of a larger problem. What are you actually trying to do? smile

In Confluence Administration in the side bar there is a spot that says "Sidebar, Header, and Footer" under "Look and Feel". As a header I added some additional navigation links. For the most part this is helpful for our teams but one team in particular does not want this global header to show up. 

I guess I could go into each space and manually add the Header but there are around 20 different spaces and I just need to disable it for that one. 

Any ideas?

Sorry for not being specific enough. Thanks for the help!! laugh

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

374 views 20 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you