Hiding the global header on a specific space

Jon Simone March 28, 2016

Hello!

I'm just wondering if there is anyway to disable the global header for a particular space using Confluence Cloud. 

I appreciate any suggestions!

Thanks

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jon Simone March 29, 2016

I finally found an answer. What I did was I went into the space where I wanted the global header disabled and then went into that space's specific "look and feel" and then changed the header which overrides the global header. The easiest thing to put was "----" which just creates a horizontal rule at the top.

Thanks everyone!

0 votes
Jon Simone March 28, 2016

In Confluence Administration in the side bar there is a spot that says "Sidebar, Header, and Footer" under "Look and Feel". As a header I added some additional navigation links. For the most part this is helpful for our teams but one team in particular does not want this global header to show up. 

I guess I could go into each space and manually add the Header but there are around 20 different spaces and I just need to disable it for that one. 

Any ideas?

Sorry for not being specific enough. Thanks for the help!! laugh

0 votes
Robert Massaioli _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 28, 2016

This sounds like a smaller part of a larger problem. What are you actually trying to do? smile

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2016

If by "global header", you mean the "generic menu bar across the top that you need for basic navigation in Confluence", then no, you can't hide it.

If you mean the "global header" you can apply in the global settings, then, yes, there is some stuff you can do in the html to hide it on a space-by-space basis, but it's not easy or clever.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events