Hide restricted icons from sidebar in "new look" Confluence

Susan Ostreicher
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 30, 2017

Hello, 

Apologies if this has already been answered somewhere. 

In the new look Confluence, there are some icons in the sidebar for restricted functions.  For example, in our space: 

- No one has permission to add a blog post, including administrators.  But the blog icon is visible for all users.  When a user clicks on it, they see the "GOT SOMETHING TO SHARE?" page, but there's no action they can take.  

- Only administrators have permission to view the Analytics for Confluence Cloud plugin.  But this icon is visible for everyone.  When a user clicks on it, it goes to a blank page.

If I remember correctly, we could hide these icons in the old Confluence experience, to avoid frustrating our users who can't use them.  Is that not possible in the new look?

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 31, 2017

Hi Susan!

1. In order to report this to the development team, can you test a few things for me:
  2. When you click the button to create the blog post, what happens? Does it actually allow the user to create a post?
  3. Can you test with a non-admin user and let me know the same? I assume your user is an admin so I'd like to check both.

The issue with the Analytics is an add-on problem, and we'll need the provider of that add-on to help look into that issue. I've tagged their name on this question.

Thank you for your help!

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events