Hide content in screen but not in PDF export

BenoitP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2014

Hi all,

I used to play with the noPrint feature to hide content from PDF exports with no problems.
But how do I hide the content in the page but show it in the pdf export?

I have tried with inline style for the divs (display:none or visibility:hidden) in the confluence page and custom CSS for pdf export overwritting these but the inline style is not overwritten. This end up with hidden content in both screen and PDF...

Any idea?

PS: I would use this for runningheader and runningfooter being defined in the page but that I want to hide in the confluence page (keep it for the edit mode only)

2 answers

1 vote
Max Göbel September 29, 2014

Hello Plet Benoit,

we faced the same issue some time ago.

You migth use the "show-if" makro from https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/net.customware.confluence.plugin.visibility as a conditional branch within your own macro. 

e.g.:

## @noparams

<ac:macro ac:name="show-if">
	<ac:parameter ac:name="display">pdf</ac:parameter>
	<ac:rich-text-body>
		... your html ...		
	</ac:rich-text-body>
</ac:macro>
0 votes
Juha Mustonen January 13, 2015

My requirement is to hide some content (for example JIRA macros that are only shown as loooong URLs) from PDF export. But similar to Benoit Plet findings, one can change some attributes like background color of the element, but display: none; has no effect.

Could this be considered a bug or limitation in PDF export?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events