Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide Sidebar by Default for Some Users

Giuliano C_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 6, 2013

Hello,

We need to allow users to choose to hide the sidebar navigation by default, unless the bring it forward by hitting the icon on the upper-right or the '[' keyboard shortcut. We're fine to do this as a velocity macro template hack rather than a user preference, if necessary. Perhaps we could have a user group "hide-sidebar" for users who want it hidden by default.

Thanks a lot for any help.

Regards,

Giu

2 answers

0 votes
Anselmo February 26, 2013

I'm also interested in templates, which hide certain bars by default, because I need a kind of presentation mode for the introduction pages of training sessions. Such pages resemble PowerPoint slides pretty much and offer a bunch of drill-down opportunities.

Users and editors complain about the amount of space which is lost for bars, which are not relevant at all during presentation.

But the slidify option is no solution, because it restricts using include macro. Included pages could always contain headline formats which confuse the slidify plugin.

0 votes
stuartu February 24, 2013

I presume this is for Confluence 4.3? If so, I'd like to know how to do this too!

Any ideas anyone?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events