• Community
  • Products
  • Confluence
  • Questions
  • Hi Team,I am using confluence 5.3.1. I am looking to findout what pages are created by particular person, what changes are made and what have they have deleted.

Hi Team,I am using confluence 5.3.1. I am looking to findout what pages are created by particular person, what changes are made and what have they have deleted.

Ranganath HV January 22, 2015

I have tried to find the answer for my above question using "Recently Updated" macro. But this does not seems to be accurate. 
Because I have taken a report and sent it to one of my director by filtering number of pages created on particular space. But there seems to be missing information which my director has created one page and that this was not listed when I used the "Recently Updated" macro.

I request you to suggest me the solution either using macros r tools to monitor and capture the real time information of each users activity on Confluence and particular spaces as well. 

2 answers

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2015

Are you up to developing your own macro?

I suggest to look at https://docs.atlassian.com/confluence/latest/com/atlassian/confluence/pages/PageManager.html#getPagesCreatedOrUpdatedSinceDate(java.util.Date)

and additionally at https://docs.atlassian.com/confluence/latest/com/atlassian/confluence/pages/TrashManager.html

To compile a list of pages that were modified/created or deleted

You can do it with user macro as well, pageManager is available in the content and for trashmanager you can use the techniques mentioned for example here: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/11463431 See the comment by Davin Studer

0 votes
Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2015

Suggestions:

• You can watch the person and change your settings so your watch notifications are sent by email.
  • You can look into the person's activity stream (in is profile).
  • You can't see modifications if you don't have permissions on the pages modified by that user.

How will this be captured? - If I have created one page under Space 1 and the other person has moved that page to Space 2.

@Adrien Ragot [Atlassian] I have already tried the steps you have provided to me. But this is not what I am looking for. As I am and Confluence administrator, I'll be receiving n number of emails from confluence and this will not be helpful at all. I want each page and every space activity to be monitored. Is there any possibilities for this?

Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 23, 2015

Since you're the administrator, you can see everything they're doing. If you don't like it sent by email, go to the Network tab of your profile and you'll see a list of the modification of all people you follow. I don't think it's presented under any other form.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events