cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
  • Community
  • Products
  • Confluence
  • Questions
  • Hi , Im new to atlassian and i need to build a website using confluence which have some functionalites like login, update profile and publications , could you please help me the method to use it ?

Hi , Im new to atlassian and i need to build a website using confluence which have some functionalites like login, update profile and publications , could you please help me the method to use it ?

Deleted user December 19, 2012

Hi,

I was actually looking for a workspace but was not able to find one.

Pleaase help me put

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alejandro Conde Carrillo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2012

What kind of website do you want to build.

Confluence is great for documentation, project colaboration, intranets, extranets,... but depending of the kind of web you need it may not be the most suitable software. If that is not what you want, you can check some CMS. There are plenty (many of them free), do some research, try some and choose the one which covers your needs the best.

Regarding Confluence, the installating is quite easy with installers for both Windows and Linux. In addition to Confluence you will need to install a database server and the JVM before you run the installer. Confluence actually comes with it own embeded DB but I do not recommend you to use it (it is not supported for production environments) but install your on DB server. Here you have some useful links:

The default look of Confluence is quite cool and it has improved a lot in the latest versions. You can easily customize your color scheme, add your logo and other basic stuff using the user interface. If you need further configuration you can use some plugins such as Theme Builder. You can also ask for help to an Atlassian Expert.

If you want an easy and quick deployment of Confluence hosted by Atlassian you can also try Confluence OnDemand, which will save you all the work but you will have some limitation in the plugins and configuration you can apply.

If you run into any problems or doubts during the set up of your environment, do not hesitate to contact the awesome Atlassian Support.

I hope you enjoy Confluence :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events