cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
  • Community
  • Products
  • Confluence
  • Questions
  • Hi, I have issues with opening downloaded attachments in Confluence(5.1.3) on IE8. Is this bug in IE8? Because I am able to open the downloaded files through HTTP, but not through HTTPS. Other than IE8 I am able to open files in other browsers.

Hi, I have issues with opening downloaded attachments in Confluence(5.1.3) on IE8. Is this bug in IE8? Because I am able to open the downloaded files through HTTP, but not through HTTPS. Other than IE8 I am able to open files in other browsers.

Ranganath HV September 18, 2014

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2014

Yes, that's a bug in IE8.  I'm not sure IE8 is supported any more.

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2014

5.1.3 supports IE8. 5.6 is the first that does not support IE8.

Ranganath HV September 19, 2014

@Davin Studer I understand that. But what is the alternative for this?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2014

Use a browser with less bugs. IE8 is pretty much deprecated already - MS are only really doing security patches for it.

0 votes
Ranganath HV May 24, 2015

Hi Team,

Thanks for your response.

I like to share good news with confluence 5.1.3

I am able to download contents from IE8 successfully.

This is achieved.

0 votes
Ranganath HV November 20, 2014

Hi @Davin Studer @Nic Brough

We have Confluence 5.3.1 running on CentOS. 

As posted our issue regarding attachments download from IE8 and IE9 has been fixed.

We are now able to download all the attachments on Internet Explorer. 

Work Around :-

Apache Configuration File changes need to be done. 

Header was being manipulated by the apache proxy server for some reason.  Specifically the "Content-Encoding" header which should look like this "Content-Encoding: gzip" and it was being sent back looking like this "Content-Encoding: , gzip"  while not a big change that empty space plus the comma meant that IE was reading as the content it was receiving back is not compressed and moving down the save/open file logic.  Other browsers actually check the content of the file before attempting to move forward with it and if it is compressed it decompresses it for you.

Thank You!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events