• Community
  • Products
  • Confluence
  • Questions
  • Hi I am a Confluence Admin (albeit an inexperienced one) and have created a new Group. However I cannot add users to the group (it allows me to search for them and "Add User" but each time I do, it comes back with the same error "No User found".

Hi I am a Confluence Admin (albeit an inexperienced one) and have created a new Group. However I cannot add users to the group (it allows me to search for them and "Add User" but each time I do, it comes back with the same error "No User found".

Ian Harrison May 22, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Adding or Removing Users in Groups

Hi, I am a Confluence Administrator and I am trying to create a new group and add members to it.  I have created the group, but each time I "add user" by choosing a user from the search function or from another group, I get the same error message of "no user found" and the group I created is still empty.  I am not even able to add myself to the group.  This is the same as a question from your Knowledge Base in 2012 but there did not seem to be resolution.  Can you let  me know what I am doing wrong?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2016

That suggests things aren't being written away to the user directories properly.  I'd expect errors on the front-end, but what we really need to do is look at the atlassian-jira.log in the logs directory under jira-home - what does that say when you try to create the group and add a user to it?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events