• Community
  • Products
  • Confluence
  • Questions
  • Hi, Can I create Context-sensitive help/Online help using Confluence and attach it to my product that would go to an end user outside of my organization? will the user be able to view the help seamlessly?

Hi, Can I create Context-sensitive help/Online help using Confluence and attach it to my product that would go to an end user outside of my organization? will the user be able to view the help seamlessly?

Jyothi August 12, 2015

Do I need to buy/install any plugin? please provide complete details about online help generation and integration with my software product.

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Steffen Heller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2015

Hi Jyothi

have you checked the answers at Confluence 4.0 context-sensitive online help mapping ?

Generally, I think you should explain in more detail what you want to do:

• Do you want to set some links from your application to the wiki pages?
    - or -
  • Do you want to create an online help system from your wiki pages (by exporting it to some other format like .chm)?

1 vote
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2015

Yes. You will need to give anonymous users global permission, and at least read permission on the help pages. If you are using Confluence server, you may need to change firewall access.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events