• Community
  • Products
  • Confluence
  • Questions
  • Hi, Can I create Context-sensitive help/Online help using Confluence and attach it to my product that would go to an end user outside of my organization? will the user be able to view the help seamlessly?

Hi, Can I create Context-sensitive help/Online help using Confluence and attach it to my product that would go to an end user outside of my organization? will the user be able to view the help seamlessly?

Do I need to buy/install any plugin? please provide complete details about online help generation and integration with my software product.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Accepted answer

Hi Jyothi

have you checked the answers at Confluence 4.0 context-sensitive online help mapping ?

Generally, I think you should explain in more detail what you want to do:

• Do you want to set some links from your application to the wiki pages?
    - or -
  • Do you want to create an online help system from your wiki pages (by exporting it to some other format like .chm)?

Yes. You will need to give anonymous users global permission, and at least read permission on the help pages. If you are using Confluence server, you may need to change firewall access.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Organizing your space just got easier - Page Tree Drag & Drop is here

Hi Community! I’m Elaine, Confluence Product Manager. You may have read my earlier post about page tree in space navigation sidebar. I'm excited to share another improvement that helps you organize ...

144 views 3 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you