Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Help with reporting Jira task dates into a Confluence table

Edited

We are running a project in Jira, and we have tasks (stories) associated with a particular sub-project being summarised onto a confluence page. 

However, the table is currently pulling through a hyperlink to the task and a status (to do / in progress / done) but for the purpose of reporting to my customer I also require the date that the task was reported as 'done' (and ideally also the date it is scheduled to be complete if it's not in 'done' state). 

I can pull the 'done' date by clicking the hyperlink and in the task history view, grabbing the date the change was logged, but this is too manual/time consuming. I was hoping there was a smart way the system could pull the status change date in Jira through to the confluence table? 

My other constraint is that I'm a PM who is not massively confluence-literate (beginner-level at writing macros etc for reports), and is being driven by a customer who has waterfall-management expectations and a MS-Project management mindset, but I have software and ICT teams who are preferring the use of Jira and Confluence for workflow management, so I'm trying to manage everything in a hybrid way (and hence the desire to see completion dates and projected completion dates - this is around managing expectations of my major stakeholder/customer).

Proj_Snip.png

I'm hoping to insert a date under 'done' and ideally also a scheduled date under "in progress" or "to do"

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events