Help with reporting Jira task dates into a Confluence table

Barbara Lockett August 7, 2022

We are running a project in Jira, and we have tasks (stories) associated with a particular sub-project being summarised onto a confluence page. 

However, the table is currently pulling through a hyperlink to the task and a status (to do / in progress / done) but for the purpose of reporting to my customer I also require the date that the task was reported as 'done' (and ideally also the date it is scheduled to be complete if it's not in 'done' state). 

I can pull the 'done' date by clicking the hyperlink and in the task history view, grabbing the date the change was logged, but this is too manual/time consuming. I was hoping there was a smart way the system could pull the status change date in Jira through to the confluence table? 

My other constraint is that I'm a PM who is not massively confluence-literate (beginner-level at writing macros etc for reports), and is being driven by a customer who has waterfall-management expectations and a MS-Project management mindset, but I have software and ICT teams who are preferring the use of Jira and Confluence for workflow management, so I'm trying to manage everything in a hybrid way (and hence the desire to see completion dates and projected completion dates - this is around managing expectations of my major stakeholder/customer).

Proj_Snip.png

I'm hoping to insert a date under 'done' and ideally also a scheduled date under "in progress" or "to do"

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events