Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Confluence PDF Export CSS

Deleted user November 29, 2012

Im wondering if anybody could help me, im trying to write a CSS stylesheet so when a page is exported with confluence it has the following information in the header

Space generated from:

Date Generated:

Page X of Y

Who generated:

Many thanks in advanced

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
CharlesH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2012

The Scroll Wiki PDF Exporter by K15t does offer the ability to do what you've described (via page layouts, not CSS), and more besides. Yes, it's a commercial plugin, but the functionality it offers is great, as is the technical support.

Deleted user December 4, 2012

Thanks for the recommendation, going to Jira seem to cost us a fortune. any functionality we like requires a commercial plugin.

1 vote
Daniel Borcherding
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2012

Hello Brian,

There is no combination of CSS that is going to allow this information to be displayed on the page. I dida sample export of a test space and saw for my export the fields that you are looking for are simply not included. CSS is used from styling elemets on a page. That it to say putting them where you want them and making them pretty.

From the documentation we see that Confluence can only render out html and css elements from the Confluence Admin > PDF Layout page. There is currently no way to add velocity (dynamically generate) elements to these page exports.

This is tracked in our community bug tracker below.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-16527

Please let us know if there is anything we can further clarify.

Deleted user December 4, 2012

Thanks for the help.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events