Help about search option in Confluence

Voxys NN February 2, 2020

Dear community experts,

We are now testing the Confluence in order to understand if we can use it as knowledge base for agents in Call center (not the helpdesk or IT related).

The crucial point for us is the "Search" option.

It should work as indicated in this article: http://atlassian.engexp.ru/docs/confluence/poisk/pravila-poiska-v-confluence/

Sorry for example in Russian, i'll try to explain.

We have Confluence installed on Atlassian cloud. The main issue is that Confluence does not give the search results if we are entering the beginning (not the full form) of the word.

For example: I have the word "карта" somewhere in the knowledge base.

To find this word I start to write "карт" with no results. All results from the Confluence articles with this part of the full word "карта" should be already visible  (please, see the link that provides understanding on how it should work).

In our case, we do not see any results and variations of the word until we enter it's specific form "карта" or put "*" at the end: "карт*"

Could you help with the search settings that will allow us to type only the beginning of the words and see the results in search window?

Thank you a lot for support,

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 1, 2020

Hello @Voxys NN

My apologies you didn't find the answer you were looking for back in February. I noticed you raised a support ticket, which has since been closed. In it, we changed the indexing language to Russian, but you were still not able to find results.

We discovered that you were affected by a bug, where the workaround is to search using the full word instead of partial searches. It appears that it may affect more languages than simply Russian.

I noticed your question on the bug about prioritization, and I can see that this is really affecting your workflow. At this stage, the bug is in the Gathering Impact phase, which you can see is our Prioritization phase, which you can review on our Cloud Bug Fix Policy page.

The information we gather during this phase is what determines the priority. Your votes and comments help to properly prioritize the case. I thank you for providing that direct feedback!

I wanted to share this bug here too, so if others are experiencing the problem, the bug will get more votes and watchers, which helps the prioritization process.

I hope that clarifies things for you, but do let me know if you have any follow-up concerns.

Take care,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events