cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
  • Community
  • Products
  • Confluence
  • Questions
  • Hello, how can I make the width of the column equal? For example, I have 4 columns, and the 4th one is much more narrow than the others. I want this 4 columns to be of same width, or would be even better if their width will depend on their content.Thanks!

Hello, how can I make the width of the column equal? For example, I have 4 columns, and the 4th one is much more narrow than the others. I want this 4 columns to be of same width, or would be even better if their width will depend on their content.Thanks!

Buonaidea December 28, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Tables

Ask your question here...

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Eads _unmonitored account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 28, 2016

Hi Buonaidea,

The column widths are resizable. When you mouse over the column dividers in the editor, the cursor changes to a resize tool that you can use to change the column widths.

For your even better auto resizing widths, you can use Responsive widths. With your cursor inside the table (to get the table tools available from the toolbar), just change the Fixed width option to Responsive in the toolbar. You can still "suggest" column widths using the resize tool in Responsive mode; Confluence will do its best to keep the proportions you want but will also grow as more content is added.

image2016-12-28 9:54:29.png

Rodney Hughes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 28, 2016

I see on the tags to the question that the writer is using Confluence 5.8

Confluence 5.8 doesn't have the table controls for responsive/fixed width - I think they were introduced in Confluence 6.x

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events