It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Headings to always stay with paragraphs in PDF export

Johan Ahlberg Mar 21, 2017

Hi everyone. I'm working with the some of the documentation in Confluence at my company and I'm having some problems keeping headings and paragraphs together. Quite often I end up with the heading on one page and the paragraph on another. While it works for some documents to use standard page breaks for certain headings, this leads to complete disaster in others. 

What I'm looking for is a way to have headings stay with accompanying paragraph and, if possible, accompanying tables and pictures. Does anyone know any tricks or CCS code to do this?

Best regards

Johan Ahlberg

2 answers

0 votes
Nils Bier (K15t) Mar 21, 2017

Hi Johan,

for our Scroll PDF Exporter there's the possibility of working with a user macro here. Please feel free to check out the docs: https://help.k15t.com/scroll-pdf-exporter/avoiding-page-breaks-in-certain-positions-117905240.html

This might also work for the default PDF Exporter, so please give it a try (or try out Scroll PDF Exporter with a free 30 day trial license, as it has more advantages besides that, see 5 Reasons to Use the Scroll PDF Exporter).

Cheers,
Nils

0 votes
Milo Grika Mar 22, 2017

Here is a somewhat manual method. Put all the text and elements that must stay together into the body of a Div macro. In the Styles field of the Div macro enter:

page-break-inside: avoid

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence CVEs and common questions

Two vulnerabilities have been published for Confluence Server and Data Center recently: March 20, 2019 CVE-2019-3395 / CVE-2019-3396 April 17, 2019 CVE-2019-3398 The goal of this article is...

954 views 0 19
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you