Having issues embedding Jira Sprint Burndown on Confluence page

Sarah Baker May 21, 2021

Hello!

We've been using Jira software for a while now and starting to explore Confluence (so still on the standard-free version) and I'm trying to see if this would be a good place to give an overview of a project.

I was having a play with the embed options, and came across Sprint Burndowns, but I either get nothing (very few options and a blank card) or an error.

Blank on published page:

blank view.PNG

Blank in edit page mode:

blank edit.PNG

Blank in edit macro dialogue:

edit macro.PNG

Error message in edit page mode (after re-inserting):

401.PNG

Having read through lots of documentation, I'm not sure if this is an add-on that I need to enable, or some other permission issue, as I can see other content from Jira (issue details, other charts etc.), or if this is a feature that's no longer supported (this article https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/gadgets-204047542.html says support is ended, but then they don't appear in the macro browser, but sprint burndown does)

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 24, 2021

Hello Sarah,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

Testing adding this gadget on my test site, it loads normally. I tested on both Free and Standard Confluence.

Searching for similar cases, I found one bug that might be related to your case and the workaround is to change the Width from 450 to auto.

There is also another bug that might be related, but in this case, the option to edit the gadget is available.

Can you please try the workaround (change the width to auto) to check if it works?

If it doesn’t work, can you please open the developer tools and check on the console tab if it shows any other error?

Also, please, test using another browser or incognito mode just to make sure that there are no browser extensions preventing the feature to work.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Sarah Baker June 3, 2021

Hi @Angélica Luz - Thank you; this has done the trick!

Very strangely, when I went to edit the gadget, the width had already been changed to "auto"... I had to check my screenshot to see that I wasn't going mad! Perhaps while on my annual leave some fairies fixed it for me!

The finished page looks great :)

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events