Have to rebuild confluence 5.9.1 search index manually and routinely...

Neal Culiner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2015

Hello,

I'm seeing the JIRA recent activity gadget not reflecting confluence activity changes or recent activity within confluence.  To get them to update I flush all cache and then rebuild the index and it's fine.  However, in 5.9.1 I seem to have to do this routinely.  Is it broke??

Confluence 5.9.1 on Windows Server 2012 R2 (x64) and MS SQL 2014

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Guilherme V.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 7, 2015

Hello Neal,

Did you try to rebuild the index from scratch? You'd have to delete the index file instead of clicking in the Rebuild button. Commonly it fix the indexes problems...

Cheers,

Neal Culiner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2015

I have done this once already, the problem continues. I'll try again.

0 votes
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 7, 2015

Hi Neal,

May I know if this happened before or in an old version of Confluence? Do you see any error in Logs related to the JIRA macros and or gadgets?

If this happened after an upgrade, it might be related to some bug in the new version of Confluence. Let me know.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events