Have the "os_username" and "os_password" parameter in the Confluence JIRA issues macro been deprecated?

Steve Goldberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2013

I upgraded my Confluence instance from 5.1.2 recently, and the JIRA issues macro from 4.0.29 to 5.0 and the XML URLs that I put into the JIRA issues macro no longer work when I append a username and password to it. It reported the following issue: "Error rendering macro 'jiraissues' : com.atlassian.confluence.macro.MacroExecutionException: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out"

I rolled back JIRA issues to 4.0.29 and now I get a different issue: "Error rendering macro 'jiraissues' : Unable to determine if sort should be enabled." The only troubleshooting help I can find is the following: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/Unable+to+Determine+if+Sort+Should+be+Enabled+When+Using+the+JIRA+Issues+Macro

But this doesn't help. The issues table renders correctly if I remove the parameters for the username and password (which I've checked are correct) but not if they're present.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Steve Goldberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2013

The answer is "no".

I left on Friday feeling annoyed and frustrated having spent a few hours trying to fix it, and then I come back on Monday and see that it's working perfectly fine.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events