Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has the anonymous access functionality changed?

James Hines October 4, 2011

I thought that by disabling anonymous access in the Global Permissions settings of Confluence, that this would prevent ALL anonymous access to my site. Has that functionality changed?

It seems that even with anonymous access disabled in the Global Permissions, that space administrators can allow anonymous access to thier space.

This seems wrong to me.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mark Hrynczak
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 4, 2011

Disabling anonymous access in Global Permissions does prevent all anonymous access.

The permission for anonymous access will still be shown in the space admin screens, but will not do anything - it will be overidden by the global permission.

Cheers,
Mark

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2011

Check out last section in http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Setting+up+Anonymous+Access to see how to disable anonymous access. Or have you already tried that?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events