Has anyone tried versioning a space using tabs as different versions of the same page?

Effrosyni Gavriilidou March 6, 2020

Has anyone tried versioning a space using tabs as different versions of the same page? Did you encounter any problems? Do you have any tips on versioning pages?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2020

Hi @Effrosyni Gavriilidou

Is the Page History not sufficient for page versions?

In the top-right should be an options button / a "More" button (where copy, delete, etc are stored) - one of the options will be Page History.

If you select this it will provide each version of the page that has been published over time.

Ste

Effrosyni Gavriilidou March 9, 2020

Hello Stephen! Thanks for taking an interest.

My versions are supposed to be different releases of a product. I don't prefer Page History because its not very visible for someone that is not very familiar with confluence. Also the versions of the document that are visible there can have mistakes because those pages are published and then approved or changed. Do you know if I can mark some versions as drafts and some as published? Maybe that could help.

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 9, 2020

Hi @Effrosyni Gavriilidou

Not via Page History.

Aside from using the options available on Confluence - such as:

• Pages: Have the current version as the parent page, move each "older" version down to be a child page - perhaps mark their version using a panel?
  • Expand Macro: Have the current version visible, put older versions into expand macros at the bottom of the page

...or similar, I'd suggest looking to apps from the Marketplace, such as Scroll Versions or Comala Document Management

Ste 

Like Effrosyni Gavriilidou likes this
Effrosyni Gavriilidou March 9, 2020

Thanks for the ideas! Expand Macro is something that could be used in my case

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events