It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Has anyone tried versioning a space using tabs as different versions of the same page?

Has anyone tried versioning a space using tabs as different versions of the same page? Did you encounter any problems? Do you have any tips on versioning pages?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hi @Effrosyni Gavriilidou

Is the Page History not sufficient for page versions?

In the top-right should be an options button / a "More" button (where copy, delete, etc are stored) - one of the options will be Page History.

If you select this it will provide each version of the page that has been published over time.

Ste

Hello Stephen! Thanks for taking an interest.

My versions are supposed to be different releases of a product. I don't prefer Page History because its not very visible for someone that is not very familiar with confluence. Also the versions of the document that are visible there can have mistakes because those pages are published and then approved or changed. Do you know if I can mark some versions as drafts and some as published? Maybe that could help.

Hi @Effrosyni Gavriilidou

Not via Page History.

Aside from using the options available on Confluence - such as:

• Pages: Have the current version as the parent page, move each "older" version down to be a child page - perhaps mark their version using a panel?
  • Expand Macro: Have the current version visible, put older versions into expand macros at the bottom of the page

...or similar, I'd suggest looking to apps from the Marketplace, such as Scroll Versions or Comala Document Management

Ste 

Like Effrosyni Gavriilidou likes this

Thanks for the ideas! Expand Macro is something that could be used in my case

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

Lessons and Learnings: Six Months of Working Remote [Discussion]

Hey there, folks! For most of us, the past six months- yes, you read that right- have been a journey. More people than ever before have pivoted to working remotely, and navigating being on-scre...

8,196 views 6 6
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you