Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Has anyone noticed any issue with the Confluence editor on Chrome Dev 98.0.4758.11

Using Confluence Server, 7.15.0, I'm seeing an issue in the Dev version of Chrome whereby, when editing a Confluence page, if I double click on a word then move the mouse, rather than increasing the selecting word-by-word, a relatively large block of text gets selected.

This issue doesn't show up in Chrome (stable) 97.0.4692.71.

Has anyone else tried this and also seen this issue?

It may be an issue with the Chrome Dev build, so I've logged a bug report there, but it's hard to track down without a URL or data to supply the Chrome developers with so I thought I'd ask here in case it's actually an interaction between Confluence and Chrome that could/should be fixed at the Confluence end.

1 answer

0 votes
Pramodh M Community Leader Jan 13, 2022

Hi @John McCabe 

Confluence is supported on stable versions of broswers

Here's the reference for browsers supported when it is on different contexts

https://confluence.atlassian.com/kb/browser-troubleshooting-guide-330796533.html

Thanks,

Pramodh

I appreciate you taking the time to reply, but it doesn't answer the question. The point really was to find out if anyone else has noticed the same issue and, in particular, these questions in the table on the link you provided:

• Is this error occurring with more than one user?
  • Is this error occurring in all the computers with this browser?

Chrome Dev is, essentially, the future of Chrome so, at some point, this issue MAY appear in a stable version of Chrome. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence Cloud

🏠 Say hello to the new Confluence Home!

Hi Atlassian Community, My name is DJ Chung, and I’m a Product Manager on the Confluence Cloud team. Today, I’m excited to share a new and improved version of Home. The new Home helps you ...

41,579 views 28 130
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you