It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Has anyone not been able to remove a label from a page in confluence?

I copied a page to create new and there is one label I cannot get rid of - all other labels can be removed and added back just fine. Any tips?

2 answers

What happens when you're trying to remove the label? Do you see an error message or is it just not getting removed?

I receive an error, the label goes away from the menu, but stays on the page. 

Error: 

Image 46.png

Hi, it is possible that you installed some plugins that cause this error.

You can try, to unactivate temporerly one by one to see which one is causing that.

PS : you need to do CTRL + Shift + R to force refresh cache on the page with the labels.

The only plugin we have is Google Analytics - do you think that could cause this? Thank you for your help!! 

Are you facing this error while creating a new page as well?

If not then just carefully look at context of entire page in edit mode and see if there is some residue from copied page that's causing this.

It does not happen when I create a new page. Unfortunately, this page link has already been sent out as client communication so I cannot create new at this point. 

What residue would I be looking for while editing? 

Sure and looks like GraphQL would have been used to fetch some data via APIs on that page and you may have some reference still remaining.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What project did you transition or start on Confluence with the shift to remote work?

It’s been great to hear from fellow users over the last few weeks about the best tips and fun moments you’ve had working on Confluence since the transition to working remote. I’d love to keep the c...

227 views 3 8
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you