Has anyone imported DocBook XML-pages into Confluence 5?

Svante Gustafsson Björkegren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2013

Hi,

I am working with a customer who has the technical documentation in DocBook and wants to migrate over to Confluence. I have been looking for a migration tool for this but haven't found any :-(

There was one (back in the days) by Red Hat called DocBook import for Confluence but it is not supported for Confluence 5.

Any clues, anyone?

Kind regards,

// Svante

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Svante Gustafsson Björkegren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2014

This is probably a viable way to solve the issue.

If you have an existing Confluence instance in which you want to import the DocBook documents you could:

• setup a "test" Confluence with 3.5.17
  • do the migration into a space there
  • upgrade the "test" instance
  • then export the space
  • import into you existing 5.X instance

Based on the low activity in this thread I guess this is the best way to do it. Let me know how it goes for you!

Cheers,

// Svante

0 votes
Amos Shapira May 15, 2014

I'm in a similar position. What I intend to do is to try to install the latest version of Confluence which is suppoerted by the plugin (3.5.17, according to https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/org.jboss.labs.confluence.plugin.docbook_import), import the data, then try to upgrade Confluence.

If you or anyone else found a working solution I'd be happy to hear about it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events