Has anyone gotten HipGuru to work with Questions inside of Confluence Cloud?

Trevor Vaughan August 26, 2015

Hi All,

I installed the HipGuru plugin in HipChat and pointed it to my Questions page inside of Confluence. I'm not getting any errors, but the plugin is not returning any information either.

If anyone has any advice, it would be most welcome.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
samurai
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 1, 2015

Hi Trevor,

Your confluence server must be accessible from Hipchat server. If you are using Hipchat server in the cloud, then you Confluence questions should be accessible in the cloud as well and with anonymous access (no authentication) as per instructions in the marketplace Hipguru add-on page or in the add-on configuration page in Hipchat server.

Your firewall could be blocking the access as well.

Trevor Vaughan September 2, 2015

Well, I feel slightly ridiculous. Indeed, the default permissions for Questions (unlike everything else in Confluence) is private instead of public. I suppose checking in an unauthenticated manner would make sense.

samurai
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 2, 2015

Glad you have figured out - I will update the HipGuru configuration page about using a private Confluence Questions server in the next release. Were you still able to use it ? Is there any feature that you would like to see or get enhanced ?

Trevor Vaughan September 2, 2015

Well, the page is now 100% public but /ask <whatever> still isn't returning anything. No errors, just...nothing. I'll definitely provide feedback once I can figure out what's going wrong but it looks pretty good on the outside.

samurai
Atlassian Team
September 3, 2015

Trevor, I will have some time next week to investigate your problem. You can send me your Confluence URL for testing if you want, to esoares@atlassian.com.

Trevor Vaughan September 4, 2015

Hi Eduardo, my Confluence URL is https://simp-project.atlassian.net/wiki/display/SD/questions Thanks!

samurai
Atlassian Team
September 8, 2015

Hi Trevor, I detected an issue running HipGuru against a fresh Confluence Cloud instance which uses a newer version of Confluence Questions v2.x. I fixed the problem but haven't deployed it to Production yet. You can follow the progress in https://bitbucket.org/eduardo_soares/hipguru/issues/2/configuring-hipguru-with-private.

samurai
Atlassian Team
September 8, 2015

Hipguru is updated with the fix in Production.

0 votes
samurai
Atlassian Team
September 8, 2015

Bear in mind that you also need to make sure that both Confluence and Confluence Questions have anonymous view access:

• In administration/Confluence Questions/Permissions, give anonymous the view permission
  • In administration/Users & Security/Global Permissions, allow anonymous to use Confluence

Confluence authentication support is in the queue: https://bitbucket.org/eduardo_soares/hipguru/issues/3/implement-authentication-support-for

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events