Has anyone found a way to separate Add/Edit page permissions in Confluence?

SamuelM November 26, 2014

This seems like a reasonable request. To have the ability to restrict who can edit content and add content as we have content contributors who we do not wish to give the ability to add new pages but require the ability edit existing pages.

2 answers

1 vote
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 27, 2014

Hi Samuel,

It seems that from Confluence side this won't be implemented due to complexity of the request: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-26522

It might be possible with some development of a plugin that could change Confluence behavior, however I couldn't find any workaround for it. I'll leave this question open so if someone else knows how to do it will comment here.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

0 votes
Jan de Vries May 22, 2015

+1 need.

We have a group of developers who are allowed to make changes to existing content, but have to request creation of new content. Right now this scenario is virtually impossible within Confluence itself.

If anyone knows a plugin that offers this functionality I'd happily pay for it, as I don't see Confluence implementing this any time soon, judging by the issue linked.

It's small things like that annoy me about Confluence. It's just so normal to expect this to be possible that it's a bit of a blow to realize it's not.

We now have to resort to a plugin that makes an identical space copy for editing that synchronizes the changes to the real space. A lot of hassle and content overhead.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events