Has anyone ever gotten a list of KB articles...

Daren Chung October 21, 2014

..from their Confluence (On demand) instance without asking Atlassian to run a query?

Atlassian did it for me once, but won't do it again and I just don't have the dev resources to do it.

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2014

Confluence automatically adds the labels "kb-how-to-article" to How-To pages, and "kb-troubleshooting-article" to troubleshooting pages, so if you search for:

labelText:kb-

you should be able to get a list of all KB articles.  You can filter them by space using the options on the left side of the search page.

0 votes
Daren Chung October 22, 2014

Sorry, I should have been more clear.  We are on the cloud version and I would need the capability to separate them out by creation dates. (preferably by the month in which they were created.  My query using the "Content by label" macro does not show creation dates.

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 22, 2014

Don't use the Content by label macro. Use the wiki search. Search for "labelText:kb-".

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 22, 2014

And if you need to search by creation date you can add in the created field in your search string such as.. "labelText:kb- AND created:[20140801 TO 20140831]" The date should be in yyyymmdd format.

Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 22, 2014

Thanks Davin, you beat me to it :)

nice.. Now if only I could export the results... Thanks very much. I'm close but not all the way there.

Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 22, 2014

How do you need to export them?

results into excel

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 22, 2014

You could use the search results macro on a page with the search terms specified in the macro properties and then export the page to Word and then massage the results.

Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 22, 2014

either that or it wouldn't be so hard to use python to get the search results via REST API and output to CSV, but do you really need the results in Excel?

Actually, the search results macro will work. Thanks for all the ideas.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events