Has anyone ever gotten a list of KB articles...

..from their Confluence (On demand) instance without asking Atlassian to run a query?

Atlassian did it for me once, but won't do it again and I just don't have the dev resources to do it.

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Stephen Deutsch Community Champion Oct 21, 2014

Confluence automatically adds the labels "kb-how-to-article" to How-To pages, and "kb-troubleshooting-article" to troubleshooting pages, so if you search for:

labelText:kb-

you should be able to get a list of all KB articles.  You can filter them by space using the options on the left side of the search page.

Sorry, I should have been more clear.  We are on the cloud version and I would need the capability to separate them out by creation dates. (preferably by the month in which they were created.  My query using the "Content by label" macro does not show creation dates.

Davin Studer Community Champion Oct 22, 2014

Don't use the Content by label macro. Use the wiki search. Search for "labelText:kb-".

And if you need to search by creation date you can add in the created field in your search string such as.. "labelText:kb- AND created:[20140801 TO 20140831]" The date should be in yyyymmdd format.

Thanks Davin, you beat me to it :)

nice.. Now if only I could export the results... Thanks very much. I'm close but not all the way there.

How do you need to export them?

results into excel

You could use the search results macro on a page with the search terms specified in the macro properties and then export the page to Word and then massage the results.

either that or it wouldn't be so hard to use python to get the search results via REST API and output to CSV, but do you really need the results in Excel?

Actually, the search results macro will work. Thanks for all the ideas.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

415 views 18 9
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you