Has anyone else seen this? Typing lag on long pages.

Patrick O_Connell May 28, 2021

Hello all,

Wow. Haven't posted here in quite a while!

I'm experiencing a problem that's odd, to say the least. I'm on Windows 10, we're on server 7.8.x for Confluence, and my Photoshop version is 21.2.0. If any of that matters.

What's happening is that the onscreen appearance of characters starts lagging the typing of same significantly. As best I can tell it's a confluence (haha) of being on a page where you have to scroll a lot to get from the top to the bottom (not necessarily a page with a lot of content!), and Photoshop running.

And once the lag develops, it's there for every Confluence page. So far, the only thing that fixes it is a restart. I have tried not running PS until it's unavoidable, so restarts fixes things until I have no choice about that.

Has anyone else seen this, or a similar problem? If so, I'd be interested to hear if you've found any permanent fixes.

Update: Photoshop doesn't have to be running, it seems. The key condition looks like this: A page that you have to scroll a lot, in order to get from the top to the bottom of it. Can be actual text, can be empty 'graphs, can be just the framework for that text that's coming.

I'd still like to hear from anyone else who's experienced this.

Thank you,
Pat O'Connell
Technical Writer
MindGeek Montreal

1 answer

1 vote
Patrick O_Connell September 15, 2021

I've actually found the fix for this. Save your work, clear cache and cookies for your wiki domain, log back in, Bob's your uncle. Typing speed is now back to normal.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events