HELP! I can't change restrictions anymore

joshua sun March 1, 2019

Our team uses team calendar to track many of our events. It is usually edit restricted, but view was open. 

I was attempting to add a few new users to the list of authorized editors from the restrictions option, but I accidentally added them to the read restricted group. 

so now all of our editors see the calendar to fix this, and the ones who can see it don't have the edit permission to do it either

Anyone run into this issue and know how to fix this?

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 4, 2019

Joshua,

Can you confirm with me what version of Confluence and Team Calendar you're working with? Are you on Server or Cloud?

I'm not sure I fully follow what your issue is, but this is how I understand it.

1. Your calendar has the default view permissions from the space, but you restrict who can edit it.
  2. You were trying to add some users to the list of users who can edit the calendar. However, you accidentally restricted viewing by adding the users to that list.
  3. So now you have an issue. As far as I can tell, that issue is that the users who can see the calendar, can't edit it? I'm unclear on some of your wording, such as, "So now all our editors see the calendar to fix this."

Could you please try to elaborate exactly what your issue is?

Calendars also respect the view permissions of their related space. When you create a calendar in a space, or add a related space to an existing calendar, only people with permission to view the space will be able to see the calendar.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events