Guest users

Kanepetra January 16, 2019

Is it possible to create a "guest user", which can only view one space and can't any edit any of their info or like a page or literally anything but log in and view a space. I have guest user which can view a space now but they can also edit their own profile picture, password and like pages, I would like that to not be possible.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 16, 2019

Dear @Kanepetra,

that just depends on your configuration. I recommend you create per space one group named eg. space1_guests, space2_guests, ...

Then you globally allow users of this groups to log in. Per space you add one of this new groups just to the permission VIEW. That's it.

You are done.

So long

Thomas

Kanepetra January 16, 2019

I appreciate your quick response!

However this isn't exactly what I want to achieve. I have already setup that my guest user can only access certain spaces.

However I want that those guest users can't change their password, profile picture and other information. I just want them to be able to look at a space, not even comment or like.

Friendly regards,

Kane

Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 16, 2019

To prevent password changing it can work by moving the guests to an external user directory (LDAP), that is for confluence just read-only.

With the permission View you cannot comment.

I doubt, that avatar modification and likes can be restricted.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events