Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Group permissions for different spaces

Deleted user October 29, 2013

I have two spaces. Space A and Space B. I want to give a user group space permissions to only view Space A and to be able to add pages in Space B.

I added spaces permissions for the user group in both spaces, in Space A I set the space permissions to View only. In Space B I set the space permissions to View and Add Pages.

When viewing each space the Create button is present. I only want the Create button in Space B.

1 answer

0 votes
Ross Westerbur October 29, 2013

Without being able to point to a specific piece of documentation, I'm going to say that what you are trying to accomplish is not supported in plain vanilla configuration and permissions management. As far as I can tell, if you are able to create a page anywhere then you'll see the create button everywhere. This is actually consistent with the behavior of the create-page wizard, which is actually global (i.e. it offers up a dropdown of all of the spaces you have create-page permissions, not just the one you happen to be "in"). I'm guessing that in the scenario you describe, when you do click the create button while in Space A, you still only get to create a page in Space B...the point being, if you want to hide the create button in that scenario, you'll have to resort to something fancier than straightforward administration and configuration.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events