Group Membership in User Objects not displayed

Jim December 9, 2014

Hello,

we´ve switched our authentication ressource from one LDAP to another LDAP - System. The usernames are the same in both systems.

We´ve exported the group memberships of the users via CLI to a CSV file to save them, switched the LDAP Ressource, synchronized and imported the CSV again.

The Group Memberships seemed to be imported so far, because we can see users in the groups.

But when we have a look at a user object, there are no group memberships displayed.

When a User logs in, the user has the correct access, but in the administration section there is no association to any group displayed.

How can we fix that?

1 answer

0 votes
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 12, 2014

Hi Jim,

This is not a problem that I'm expert with, however my bet is that there is inconsistency in the database group memberships or indexes of the instance.

If you have an old copy of the database, I recommend to restore it to another database and compare the membership table.

On a sidenote, if both LDAPs are the same, by creating a new user directory in Confluence pointing to the new LDAP, it should sync the users, groups and memberships located in the LDAP directory.

I hope this help.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events