Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Presentation macro error (and Google "Docs" type previews)

Shreena Patel May 2, 2013

Hi,

I am trying to embed a google presentation onto a confluence page. I can see my list of Google Drive presentations but when I select it, it displays a Service error message (displayed below). Is this a bug? Have tested it a few times, and the presentations I select have not been deleted.

Thanks,

Shreena

Service error
An error occurred while fetching the document. Please check to make sure that the document ID is valid, and that the document has not been deleted.
Error Details
Received an unexpected response [code 404] for URL "url link of google presentation"

6 answers

2 votes
Ellen Feaheny [AppFusions]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2013

NOTICE:

Customers running AppFusions' Google Drive (Docs) in Confluence and Google Drive (Docs) in JIRA:

Google has recently changed a parameter name, and all functions related to DOCS (Word type) will encounter preview and access issues in their integration. In our plugins, the problem will not affect the Presentation filetype however b/c we use an embedded high-resolution viewer, so you are clear on that part.

You need to upgrade the plugin to get this working again.

1) Download the fixed versions of the plugins here:

2) You will need an AppFusions' license for these plugins (migrated from Marketplace license), so please contact us at info@appfusions.com

3) We will issue you an updated license immediately. We will also be mailing out to all customers on this issue.

Very sorry for the inconvenience - this was only discovered by way of customer input of the breakages, to which we were able to resolve.

Thanks, as always, for your support!!

Ellen

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2013

Here's the symptoms you will likely see until you upgrade:

"When I go to a page that has an embedded Google doc I see the message "Unable to display the document content. The document may not exist or you do not have access to the document." However, this happens even in cases where the user has access to the document. If I click "Download" I see the message "Unknown Authorization Header," and if I click "Edit" I see a blank screen. We have not changed anything on our Confluence site, and even tried re-installing the plugin and re-configuring the OAUTH settings "

Please contact AppFusions immediately to get your new update and also updated license!

Even though this was something that happened behind our back, we know it affected alot of customers and we feel sorry for the inconvenience - and so we will be extending your current license by 1 month when we issue your new AppFusions' license.

info@appfusions.com

1 vote
Patrick Li
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 3, 2013

Google has definitely changed something, probably quite recent too. One thing they have changed is they used to use the docid paramenter and now it has been changed to id.

0 votes
Maksim Luzik September 26, 2013

It seems that the problem is quite old and should be fixed, but I am still experiencing same issue. I checked the spreadsheet permissions, and I myself have access to the sheet as well as it can be accessed only knowing the URL. But when I try to embed the spreadsheet into confluence page, I see:

Service error
An error occurred while fetching the document. Please check to make sure that the document ID is valid, and that the document has not been deleted.
Error Details
Received an unexpected response [code 404] for URL xxxxxxx
It seems to happen randomly, some spreadsheets load nicely, others do not. Any help would be appriciated.
Elizabeth February 12, 2015

What version of Confluence and the plugin are you running? Yes, this was resolved in plugin version 2.3.1 (Confluence version 5.1) - so if you are not at those levels, you need to upgrade. Contact info@appfusions.com if any issues or troubles at all. Meanwhile, as of Feb 13, 2014, the Google Drive in Confluence integration is in process of a major update as well - b/c Google has moved to OAuth2.0 and this will be mandatory ~April 2015 or sooner. An update is underway and expected to be released in Feb 2015 for all existing customers.

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 2, 2013

Ours is manifesting as a sudden permissions issue - where docs that are shared, and have been accessible - are suddenly not (via edit and preview - not all filetypes, per customer).

Will send you in email a support zip if helpful any -

We will dig in more in next day/wkend and hopefully solve - and provide input back if helps.

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 2, 2013

Thanks @Michael for the link back on OnDemand system!

We also encountered this by a few customers reaching out today AppFusions' plugins :

Google Drive (Docs) in Confluence

Google Drive (Docs) in JIRA

This seems like this is a change on the Google side on first glance -

We are investigating to get in a fix and new releases as soon as we can!

Ellen

p.s.

FYI - in 30 months+ supporting these Google plugins, we have only had the Google side broken behind our back 2 other times. The last time was well over a year ago ..

Michael Knight
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 2, 2013

Yeah, Google having changed something at their end was our conclusion too.

0 votes
Michael Knight
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 2, 2013

Hi Shreena,

This is a know bug in Confluence OnDemand. It is being tracked at CONF-29145. Please feel free to vote/comment on that issue or simply watch it for updates.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events