Google Chrome Won't Display Certain Images

While using Confluence 4.0.4, users accessing a team page using Google Chrome ver.17 cannot see certain image attachments embedded in the page. Two logos, a .png file and a .jpg file are instead displayed as gray boxes with "? Unknown Attachment" in the boxes. A screenshot is attached. I was unable to find any other occurrences in the forums.

()

()

4 answers

Hi Patrick,

The images are not on a page which is then included in another page using the {include} or {excerpt-include) macros are they? If so you may be hitting these issues: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-24157 and https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-24233

If that is what's happening then the solution is to either upgrade the Advanced Macros plugin to version 2.0.34 - https://plugins.atlassian.com/plugins/confluence.macros.advanced or upgrade to Confluence 4.1.2+

If you're not using includes could you post back with some more details, e.g. is it just Chrome users that are having the problem, or is it also happening in Firefox, IE, etc./

Hope that's of some help?

Andrew.

1 vote
Joe Clark Atlassian Team Mar 07, 2012

Another common cause of this problem is when the images in question are attachments on a page that has more restrictive permission than the page currently being viewed - If a user viewing the page does not have permission to view the page where the images are stored, they'll get an "Unknown attachment" error.

Of course, question page wouldn't upload my images to help describle the issue.

Andrew,

The page being viewed is an included page, so that might be the root of the issue. I'll see if our administrator can upgrade the Advanced Macros Plugin, and hope that fixes the issue. The problem only is viewable using Google Chrome, and Firefox is the only other browser we'll use to view Confluence with.

Joseph,

I don't think the issue is one of permissions, as it was my Manager who was attempting to view the page when we saw the "unknown attachment" error. But I will check into it, just to be thorough.

My thanks to the both of you!

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jul 10, 2018 in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

502 views 19 11
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you