It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Google Calendar

I am not able to add a google calendar using the widget connector.

The calendar is public

1 answer

0 votes

Hello there,

Thank you for raising with us. This is a known issue due to some changes on Google's end:

This is caused by a change in the Google Calendar API that caused it not to work with our widget connector anymore. In Confluence Cloud, we do not have plans to fix this issue, because Google could change their API again and break it once again.

It is better to display the calendar via the iFrame Macro. This is more stable, because you won't be affected by any changes on Google's side. It's also more flexible because you can control the height and width of the calendar.

1. In the editor, open the macro browser
  2. Search for iFrame and insert it
  3. In the dialog, set the URL to the calendar embed URL.
  4. Set the height/width to the dimensions you'd like.
  5. Click "Insert".
  6. Publish your page

If you are on Server, the appropriate bug is below:

See How to put an iFrame into Confluence for information on how to embed an iFrame in Confluence Server.

Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

How is your team having fun and bonding, remotely, utilizing Confluence?

Thanks everyone for answering last week’s question. The winner of the random drawing from those who commented is: @LarryBrock I’ll contact you separately with your prize details. This wee...

269 views 9 6
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you