Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Apps SSO with Confluence On-Demand

Ryan Djurovich May 20, 2013

Is this possible? If not, when will it be?! :)

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ellen Feaheny [AppFusions]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2013

Hey Ryan -

I believe this is what you are looking for?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Integrating+OnDemand+with+Google+Apps

Caveat: you must also have JIRA in your OnDemand account - not just Confluence.

==

If this is not acceptable to you (meaning you have no need for JIRA OnDemand), you can port your Confluence data to a "download" version of Confluence, and AppFusions has a Google Apps Authenticator for Confluence.

If you like the managed hosting capabilities of OnDemand, another alternative is direct managed hosting with the download version, data migration and port included, and the option for SSO for Google Apps & Confluence.

Email me if interested in these alternatives.

Best,

Ellen

ellen@appfusions.com

p.s. Shameless plug: We are releasing a Google Apps Authenticator for JIRA tomorrow - just as a side mention.

Hi Ellen,

Thanks for the fast response!

Unfortunately, neither of these solutions work for us. We don't have/need JIRA, and we are in the process of migrating from the Download version to On-Demand to simplify maintenance.

So back to my original question - when will this be available? (I assume that you will make this available at some point?).

Cheers,

Ryan

Ellen Feaheny [AppFusions]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2013

New plugins are not available for OnDemand at current - so not an option even if I wanted (which I do/would).

So to answer the rest of your question is for Atlassian (but not sure there is a definitive answer).

p.s. The alt hosting option I was referring is all Atlassian-skilled, 24x7 on the backend, includes upgrades - so meets the simplify maintenance need.

Thanks Ellen - I've opened an issue with Support.

Cheers,

Ryan

0 votes
Lucas_Jans August 29, 2013

I really can't believe that SaaS collaboration software like Confluence doesn't have Googel Apps integration. And not just SSO. But also the ability to share Drive docs without creating duplicates in another locaiton (like Confluence.) See Trello here, they've done a great job with both.

PatrickO November 5, 2013

Agree 100%

Come on Atlassian!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events