Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gliffy Confluence Plugin 6.5.2 is ready for release in OnDemand / Cloud

Jason Nejezchleb April 10, 2015

Does anyone else need Gliffy updated to the most recent version? Confluence OnDemand / Cloud users are being provided a really old version of Gliffy. There is an open critical request with no timeline. The features offered in OnDemand / Cloud are way behind.... New fonts, Transparency....

Curious - how many people use Gliffy?

Is the user base aware that we are using a really old version?

Is there anything we can do in the future to ensure we stay on the most recent version?

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-36845 

3 answers

3 votes
Jason Nejezchleb April 10, 2015

Check out the features we are missing out on... just start with version 6.4.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.gliffy.integration.confluence/versions#b6130

Any idea what version is currently running OnDemand Cloud?

My support person was pretty nice, he moved it up to critical but it took a couple of weeks (and my persistence) for Atlassian to understand they were responsible for updating the plug-in on their end. They kept referring me to Gliffy to fix the problem.

Here's the response. The reason for the question is to find out how many people are using OnDemand Cloud Gliffy Plugin and if they understand what they are missing out on. It would be nice if people would go to the JIRA issue and raise it or even participate and elevate this question.

I'm trying!

Hi Jason,

I have talked to our bugmaster regarding Gliffy's version update in Cloud.
We definitely have the plan to include the version update in our coming sprint. However please accept my sincere apologize that I'm not able to promise a tentative date on when it will be rolled out.
As for now I will suggest you to keep watching this improvement ticket for further update in the near future CONF-36845.

Sorry for the inconvenience brought and your patience with us is very much appreciated.

Regards,
Sam

Ben McLeod April 10, 2015

6.3.2 I don't know how many releases there have been, but seeing as the most recent version released by Gliffy is 6.5.2, I'd say quite a few.

1 vote
Ben McLeod April 10, 2015

Yes. We use it every day - well, we did until a few days ago. Now it crashes and corrupts the file whenever we open it. I contacted Atlassian. They told me that I should keep my eye on CONF-36845. I asked for a timeline and was told "the deploy of the updated Gliffy plugin is going to happen, but he couldn't precise an exact day at this point."

So frustrating.

0 votes
Jason Nejezchleb April 21, 2015

Not an answer yet - 

Trying to chase this issue through the closing and opening of new bugs and tickets is proving difficult. I hope this next location for the bug is correct. Please note this bug has not been resolved. It's been moved to another area of the bug tracking application.

https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/CE-125

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events