Give my blogs a name

Alice March 8, 2016

I just switched in to default theme and love how the blog shows up in the sidebar. However, I would like to give my blogs a name. Is there any markup I can use within each space to change the name from just "blog" to something else?

2 answers

3 votes
Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2016

No. But you can hide this link and create a space shortcut in the sidebar with the name you want.

0 votes
Janet Dixon July 21, 2021

I feel the way about this.  Hard to believe Atlassian has not added this by now.  I don't like having multiple blogs throughout the system and every one is titled, "Blog".  It makes no sense!!  We have a blog for every team and I would love to be able to name the blogs "Shared Services Blog", "Support Team Blog", etc.  I should be able to create a blog and give it whatever name I want.  Likewise, when users see a blog posting within a blog module that is displaying posts from more than one blog, I want users to know which specific blog each post is coming from.  You can't rely just on who the author is to determine which blog it is, as some staff may post in more than one blog. 

Bas Zwaan December 29, 2021

The first question about this was coined back in 2012: 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Rename-blog-to-news-throughout/qaq-p/47828

It's ridiculous.

Janet Dixon January 3, 2022

I looked at that post from 2012.  I'm not going to do that.  It should be a simple edit in the application. Personally, I would like to see blogs re-done so that a blog can be added to a space and the blog can have whatever title you want to give it.  And I could have more than one blog in a space. 

Like Bas Zwaan likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events