Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give customers access to one Confluence space

John McGehee April 21, 2015

I want to give customers access to one space, and that's all.  So I do this:

1. Create group customers.  Create customer mario.  Add mario to customers.  Add mario to no other group, not even confluence-users.
  2. In Confluence Global Permissions, add group customers to Groups, tick can use, deny all other permissions.
  3. In the Space Permissions for the space I want mario to see, grant view permission to group customers.  Make no change to the other spaces.
  4. Log in as mario.  I can still view every space, which is unsatisfactory.

This seems like it should be a super simple, ordinary usage of Confluence permissions.  What else do I need to do to deny a user access to spaces?

I am using Confluence 5.7 with JIRA 6.4 User Directory.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John McGehee April 27, 2015

When anonymous access is denied in Global Permissions, a user must log in to see anything at all.

Nonetheless, you can still grant anonymous permissions to a space in Space Permissions.  This means that anyone who is logged in has those permissions.

1 vote
Alex Yasurek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 21, 2015

Are these other spaces that the Mario customer can view open to anonymous? If they are then everyone can see them. If not then it must be a permission issue. Maybe you accidentally added him to another group which has access to all these spaces.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events