It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Getting "Something went wrong" after clicking invitation link

I was invited by my boss to join the team site. I clicked the button saying "Join Them Now" in the email. Chrome opened and took me to the site with the error message "Something went wrong". See screenshot attached. This happens in both Chrome and IE.

I tried all of these things:
1. Clearing cache and clicking button in email again.
2. Copy/pasting link (e.g. oursitename.atlassian.net) directly into both browsers.
3. Went to troubleshooting page for Confluence and allowed cookies and added Atlassian sites to Trusted sites list - did this for both Chrome and IE.
4. Accessed login page and reset password.

NONE of this worked. How do I fix this?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hello Hayley,

Welcome to Community and thank you for reaching out.

I was able to see that you have also created a support ticket for this issue.

The resolution in the end was that you needed to go directly to the site at the url /wiki in order to access Confluence, as you had not been granted access to Jira. Is this correct?

I just want to be sure of the resolution so that we can help other users should they have the same issue.

Regards,

Shannon

Yes, that's correct! Somehow I was invited via the Jira link instead of the Confluence link. I can access Confluence now.

Thank you for confirming, Hayley!

I think it could be related to this bug: 

• ID-6349 Some users with access to only Confluence are not being redirected to Confluence

It appears that some users with Confluence access aren't automatically being redirected to Confluence instead of Jira when accessing a Cloud site.

If you agree, please feel free to click This affects my team and watch the issue for updates.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Confluence

6 Awesome Ways to Apply Trello, JIRA and Confluence to your Project

I attended  Atlassian Summit 2019  and learned a lot from the presenters, attendees and knowledgeable Atlassian product managers. The presentations I attended focused on applying Agile, pla...

3,789 views 15 37
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you