Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting kicked out frequently

EnergySolutions June 8, 2016

I am frequently get "kicked" out of Confluence.  I'm 1 of about 20 people using confluence and am the only one experiencing this so far.

Here's some additional info:

• Only Confluence 5.9.9 is installed
  • This issue also happen when running incognito mode with no other tabs
  • Sometimes it happens in the middle of usage, sometimes it happens after an idle period
  • I use IE and Chrome; happens with both(even with incognito mode)
  • The issue also happens when bypassing the load balancer
  • RHEL 7.2 running under ESXi 6.x
  • 4x CPU, 4GB RAM. 8GB swap - htop indicates 2.15G/3.7G RAM used
  • 10Gig network
  • SQL Server 2012 backend.

Here's a screen shot from chrome when it happens

image2016-6-8 13:44:47.png

To fix this, I log on to confluence from another browser and i'll see this

image2016-6-8 13:47:40.png

Then I refresh my original browser and i'll see this

I then log out from there and log back in and i'm good to go

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
EnergySolutions August 17, 2016

Turns out there were LDAP synchronization issues found in the logs:

2016-08-04 13:14:11,271 ERROR [scheduler_Worker-6] [atlassian.crowd.directory.DbCachingRemoteDirectory] synchroniseCache Incremental synchronisation for directory [ 294914 ] was unexpectedly interrupted, falling back to a full synchronisation

Each time this ran it would clobber some of the users and that's when the user would get kicked out.

For whatever reason the value objectGUID(https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/ad-incremental-sync-fails-with-error-externalid-attribute-is-not-configured-in-directory-812321206.html) was not sticking, even though the UI displayed the value.  The resolution was to create a new LDAP directory and disable the existing one.

0 votes
Matt Banks June 22, 2016

Our config:

Confluence 5.9.9

RHEL 7.2 running under ESXi 6.x. (Confluence is the only thing on the OS. It was a fresh OS install.)

4x CPU, 4GB RAM. 8GB swap. htop indicates 2.15G/3.7G RAM used. 10Gig network throughout the DC where it resides, jumbo frames utilized only for storage networks. It is running through a load balancer on the front end, but the issue also happens while directly connecting to the RHEL box. I'm not sure what else you're looking for as far as networking goes...

SQL Server 2012 backend.

I doubt this applies, but it was initially setup with /opt on an NFS mount but that proved too slow so it's now directly on a datastore. (It was moved via a tar copy.)

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 9, 2016

I'd say you need to tell us a bit about your networking and system set up. This is atypical. 

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2016

Mostly happens due to problem with cookies. If you have other applications using similar urls (maybe with just port changes), the cookies will get mixed up. Is that the case here?

Read https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/user-is-constantly-logged-out-of-jira-192872663.html for more details.

If not, there could be something else that messes up the cookies.

EnergySolutions June 8, 2016

Not quite.  Here's some addition info:

• Only confluence is installed
  • This issue also happen when running incognito mode with no other tabs
  • Sometimes it happens in the middle of usage, sometimes it happens after an idle period

Here's a screen shot from chrome when it happens

image2016-6-8 13:44:47.png

To fix this, I log on to confluence from another browser and i'll see this

I then log out from there and refresh my original browser and i'll see this

I then log out from there and log back in and i'm good to go

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events