Getting kicked out frequently

I am frequently get "kicked" out of Confluence.  I'm 1 of about 20 people using confluence and am the only one experiencing this so far.

Here's some additional info:

• Only Confluence 5.9.9 is installed
  • This issue also happen when running incognito mode with no other tabs
  • Sometimes it happens in the middle of usage, sometimes it happens after an idle period
  • I use IE and Chrome; happens with both(even with incognito mode)
  • The issue also happens when bypassing the load balancer
  • RHEL 7.2 running under ESXi 6.x
  • 4x CPU, 4GB RAM. 8GB swap - htop indicates 2.15G/3.7G RAM used
  • 10Gig network
  • SQL Server 2012 backend.

Here's a screen shot from chrome when it happens

image2016-6-8 13:44:47.png

To fix this, I log on to confluence from another browser and i'll see this

image2016-6-8 13:47:40.png

Then I refresh my original browser and i'll see this

I then log out from there and log back in and i'm good to go

4 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Turns out there were LDAP synchronization issues found in the logs:

2016-08-04 13:14:11,271 ERROR [scheduler_Worker-6] [atlassian.crowd.directory.DbCachingRemoteDirectory] synchroniseCache Incremental synchronisation for directory [ 294914 ] was unexpectedly interrupted, falling back to a full synchronisation

Each time this ran it would clobber some of the users and that's when the user would get kicked out.

For whatever reason the value objectGUID(https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/ad-incremental-sync-fails-with-error-externalid-attribute-is-not-configured-in-directory-812321206.html) was not sticking, even though the UI displayed the value.  The resolution was to create a new LDAP directory and disable the existing one.

Mostly happens due to problem with cookies. If you have other applications using similar urls (maybe with just port changes), the cookies will get mixed up. Is that the case here?

Read https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/user-is-constantly-logged-out-of-jira-192872663.html for more details.

If not, there could be something else that messes up the cookies.

Not quite.  Here's some addition info:

• Only confluence is installed
  • This issue also happen when running incognito mode with no other tabs
  • Sometimes it happens in the middle of usage, sometimes it happens after an idle period

Here's a screen shot from chrome when it happens

image2016-6-8 13:44:47.png

To fix this, I log on to confluence from another browser and i'll see this

I then log out from there and refresh my original browser and i'll see this

I then log out from there and log back in and i'm good to go

Steven Behnke Community Champion Jun 09, 2016

I'd say you need to tell us a bit about your networking and system set up. This is atypical. 

Our config:

Confluence 5.9.9

RHEL 7.2 running under ESXi 6.x. (Confluence is the only thing on the OS. It was a fresh OS install.)

4x CPU, 4GB RAM. 8GB swap. htop indicates 2.15G/3.7G RAM used. 10Gig network throughout the DC where it resides, jumbo frames utilized only for storage networks. It is running through a load balancer on the front end, but the issue also happens while directly connecting to the RHEL box. I'm not sure what else you're looking for as far as networking goes...

SQL Server 2012 backend.

I doubt this applies, but it was initially setup with /opt on an NFS mount but that proved too slow so it's now directly on a datastore. (It was moved via a tar copy.)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 17, 2018 in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

602 views 8 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you