Getting exceptions in Confluence after upgrade to 5.5.2

I have recently upgraded the confluence to 5.5.2 from 5.4 version. I get the following exceptions on some scenarios. I have seen in some suggestions and cleared the cache in the confluence_home folder but of no use. Could anyone tell me Why/What/How of this exception?

Thanks.

[xhtml.view.macro.ViewMacroMarshaller] marshalInternal Error rendering macro: detailssummary
 com.google.template.soy.tofu.SoyTofuException: In template Confluence.Templates.Macro.MasterDetail.contentLink2: When evaluating "contextPath()": Error while computing function "contextPath()": null
     at com.google.template.soy.tofu.internal.BaseTofu.renderMainHelper(BaseTofu.java:341)
     at com.google.template.soy.tofu.internal.BaseTofu.renderMain(BaseTofu.java:300)
     at com.google.template.soy.tofu.internal.BaseTofu.access$100(BaseTofu.java:56)
     at com.google.template.soy.tofu.internal.BaseTofu$RendererImpl.render(BaseTofu.java:427)
     at com.atlassian.soy.impl.DefaultSoyManager.render(DefaultSoyManager.java:117)
     at com.atlassian.soy.impl.DefaultSoyTemplateRenderer.render(DefaultSoyTemplateRenderer.java:52)
     at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor661.invoke(Unknown Source)
     at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
     at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:307)
     at org.springframework.osgi.service.importer.support.internal.aop.ServiceInvoker.doInvoke(ServiceInvoker.java:58)
     at org.springframework.osgi.service.importer.support.internal.aop.ServiceInvoker.invoke(ServiceInvoker.java:62)
     at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:171)
     at org.springframework.aop.support.DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.doProceed(DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.java:131)
     at org.springframework.aop.support.DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.invoke(DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.java:119)
     at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:171)
     at org.springframework.osgi.service.util.internal.aop.ServiceTCCLInterceptor.invokeUnprivileged(ServiceTCCLInterceptor.java:56)
     at org.springframework.osgi.service.util.internal.aop.ServiceTCCLInterceptor.invoke(ServiceTCCLInterceptor.java:39)
     at org.springframework.osgi.service.importer.support.LocalBundleContextAdvice.invoke(LocalBundleContextAdvice.java:59)
     at org.springframework.aop.support.DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.doProceed(DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.java:131)
     at org.springframework.aop.support.DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.invoke(DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.java:119)
     at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:204)
     at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy906.render(Unknown Source)
     at com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.soy.ConfluenceSoyTemplateRenderer.renderTo(ConfluenceSoyTemplateRenderer.java:38)
     at com.atlassian.confluence.renderer.template.DelegatingTemplateRenderer.renderTo(DelegatingTemplateRenderer.java:44)
     at com.atlassian.confluence.renderer.template.DelegatingTemplateRenderer.renderTo(DelegatingTemplateRenderer.java:25)
/marshalInternal Error rendering macro: detailssummary

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Accepted answer

Hi Hemanth, you mentioned that you're getting this exception in some scenarios, perhaps is it occuring during space export? In case so, I found that there's an open bug report with the same exception here and it reffers to the Page Properties Macro, you may want to check whether this is the same case.

Cheers

Hi @Tiago... Just did an export of the space. Seems to work fine without the occurance of this exception. I think this is not the scenario.

@Tiago.. Let me check that with the page properties macro. Thanks

@Tiago.. Yes, it is related to the Bug you have mentioned. It is occuring during space export. Thanks.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,096 views 17 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you