Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Media to Play On Top of a Confluence Page

Chris Ramsey April 2, 2013

Hi,

My manager would like for the user to be able to click a link and have a semi-opaque black shape fill the page on top of which a SWF or other media file would then play. There would be a Close button on this shape for returning to the page. If possible, a player skin would be enabled for controlling playback.

If you notice when you open the Source Editor when editing a page, the Source Editor appears on top of the page over a semi-opaque black shape. Likewise, if I add an image to a page and set it to a smaller size, I get an image that I can click in the live page, and it appears at full size with an X button to its upper-right. Is there a way to copy that functionality for other links?

This is an example of something that works the way I'd like for a still image; I just need it to also work for a SWF.
<ac:image ac:thumbnail="true" ac:width="65"><ri:attachment ri:filename="icon03.jpg"/></ac:image>

I have exhausted Google and Atlassian Answers in search for a solution to no avail.

Thank you,
Chris

1 answer

1 vote
RianA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2013

If you would like to put it on top of header, I think it should be possible on either Custom HTML or page layout. However if you would like to make it like image preview, you might need to do a lot of java scripting with including html macro.

Chris Ramsey April 4, 2013

Thanks Rian. We ended up making a new page for each SWF-based training module. It's less elegant than my manager had hoped for, but it works.

RianA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2013

Most welcome. Glad that you've found the resolution :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events