Getting MalformedURLException after installation

Doug Wiesner July 31, 2017

I have installe Confluence and tried to connect to the database and I get the error message below.

The server url is www.ptdtechnology.com:8090

The error is

Cause

java.lang.IllegalStateException: java.net.MalformedURLException: Unknown protocol: ptdtechnology.com
    at com.atlassian.plugins.authentication.impl.config.saml.persistance.SamlConfigDAO.load(SamlConfigDAO.java:71)

caused by: java.net.MalformedURLException: Unknown protocol: ptdtechnology.com
    at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:627)

caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unknown protocol: ptdtechnology.com
    at org.apache.felix.framework.URLHandlersStreamHandlerProxy.parseURL(URLHandlersStreamHandlerProxy.java:372)

http://ptdtechnology.com:8090/login.action?os_destination=%2Findex.action&permissionViolation=true

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Doug Wiesner August 1, 2017

Actually, it looked like the problem was that I did not have the Base URL set correctly.

thanks

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2017

That looks like you have set it up successfully, then tried to connect an external user directory, but that connection is failing?

Is that right, you've got through the setup ok?

Doug Wiesner August 1, 2017

It seemed to set up ok.  I am trying to connect it to a previously set up and working JIRA on site  instance.  Which I am assuming what you mean by an external user directory. 

Thansk

Doug

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events