Get Confluence users from Jira?

Andy Kriger October 13, 2011

I am having difficulty setting up Jira 4.4.1 to handle users for Confluence 4.0. I've configured the application in Jira w the IP address. Under the hood, we use a different port than 80 but I could not enter that info with the IP address. In Confluence, I point to the Jira server with the username and password setup in Jira. On test I get the error below - any ideas?

When I test settings, I get

Connection test failed. Response from the server:
com.atlassian.crowd.exception.ApplicationPermissionException: <html><head><title>Apache Tomcat/6.0.32 - Error report</title><style><!--H1 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:22px;} H2 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:16px;} H3 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:14px;} BODY {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:black;background-color:white;} B {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;} P {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;background:white;color:black;font-size:12px;}A {color : black;}A.name {color : black;}HR {color : #525D76;}--></style> </head><body><h1>HTTP Status 403 - client.forbidden.exception</h1><HR size="1" noshade="noshade"><p><b>type</b> Status report</p><p><b>message</b> <u>client.forbidden.exception</u></p><p><b>description</b> <u>Access to the specified resource (client.forbidden.exception) has been forbidden.</u></p><HR size="1" noshade="noshade"><h3>Apache Tomcat/6.0.32</h3></body></html>

1 answer

1 vote
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 23, 2013

Hi Andy,

This error seems to be related to JIRA and Confluence not being able to communicate with each other indeed.

Under the hood means that you have a proxy in front of JIRA? If yes, please bypass the proxy and try to connect again.

Also, please be careful that using the same URL can cause some problems to Confluence and JIRA such as: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/Cannot+Insert+JIRA+Gadget+into+Confluence+when+Running+JIRA+and+Confluence+on+the+Same+Domain

Regards,

Rodrigo

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events