Generate read-only local copy of a Confluence Space or Page hierarchies

Mattias Lundin March 18, 2021

Hi,

I see a need to be able to generate a local copy of a space or parts of a Space. This backup does not have to be editable, but can be read-only.

The purpose is to

- Provide a customer/client with documentation that we generate within Confluence. Note that it is tons of documents, so a normal Export is not working, it would not make sense for the client to receive 300 pdf files or something like this.

- Provide a backup solution internally for when our staff cannot access the Confluence environment (i.e. not connected to our internal networks or the system is simply down for any reason)

I imagine auto-generating a html driven document structure that can be zipped and shared among clients or employees.

Do you see any available method that can help achieving this? Within Confluence or even external tool that can download pages and auto-generate the needed local copy?

2 answers

0 votes
Matt Reiner _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 18, 2021

@Mattias Lundin

My team's app Scroll HTML Exporter might work well for you. It takes Confluence Server content and exports it as an independent HTML site with a customizable theme and built in search.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/420604/scroll-html-exporter-for-confluence?hosting=server&tab=overview

Yes in deed! This seems to be precisely what I was imagining could be done. I will definitely have a closer look and discuss it with the IT Admin´s of my company.

Like # people like this
0 votes
Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2021

Hi @Mattias Lundin 

This is a hard question, as you said "tons of documents".

What you could do is using an app called "HTML Exporter". I don't know the exact behaviour of this app, but it should give you flexibilty to achieve your wish.

Regards, Dominic

Yes thank you for this link!

I have looked at the Scroll HTML exporter for Confluence, and according to the information and reviews made they match my need.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events