Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full Page Width for Template Editor

Erick Ruiz January 31, 2020

I would REALLY like to migrate my team's space templates to the new editor because it's just really intuitive for creating macros and such. However, I'm unable to change the Fixed-Width page to Full-Width within the template editor. 

Screen Shot 2020-01-31 at 2.10.53 PM.png
Neither clicking on the title nor the body give the option to use Full Page Width for the entire document.

When users try to make a new page, they do have the option to go to Full page width from the page editor (even if they use this template) but ideally, in order to promote consistency, I'd prefer it if we could set the default page width within the template editor. 

Am I missing something or are there any plans on making this happen?

5 answers

9 votes
Alberto Azambuja February 4, 2020

This does not solve the issue. Same problem here... the actual template needs to be in full width... this is pathetic, not even the layout function works properly

Jorge_Reyes April 14, 2020

Yes, I'm having this issue.

Aviad Metuki January 5, 2021

same goes for me i need to be able to set the template full width

Like evanbartlett likes this
evanbartlett February 4, 2021

Looking for how to do this too.

6 votes
Erin Knight March 20, 2020

I am also still having this issue @Jessica . When editing a regular page, there is the icon to expand to full width. When editing a template page though, there is no option.

Ginni Stanton September 16, 2020

I also have this issue

Jamie Wolman February 8, 2021

I just ran into this and this is horrible. You can set a table to full width but the text above and below the table is not full width. Looks horrible.

Like # people like this
3 votes
Jessica
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 31, 2020

@Erick Ruiz

There is a user setting under Settings > Your Settings > Editor called "Enable full-width as the default for new pages." but right now there is no way to set the full-width option as default for all new pages on Confluence. 

But there is a feature request ticket created for this already. 

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-67503

You can add your self as a watcher, so anytime the development team updates it, you will receive a notification in your mailbox. Feel free to vote for it too, more votes it has, more visibility it gains! 

Dante March 31, 2020

I am having the same problem with the template editor. Unfortunately, neither your suggestion helps nor is the linked issue about the template editor.

Like # people like this
Drew Heasman July 20, 2020

@Jess I think you have misunderstood the question. This is about Global Templates, rather than the editor new new pages

1 vote

It appears if you put everything for your template in the " > Expand " macro you can get he same result that you can set the width to be full. 

This is still not a valid answer, but it helped me get it so a template can be full width. Other macros like Placeholder Text and tables full width appear to be working as expected. This is an unacceptable workaround in my opinion.

0 votes
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2023

In the current cloud software, under the Settings for Confluence, there is a Further Configuration section with an 'Editor Full-Width' checkbox.  I've checked this so by default, the pages are full width all the time for creation.  I would think this should apply to templates too.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events