Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Full Page Width for Template Editor

I would REALLY like to migrate my team's space templates to the new editor because it's just really intuitive for creating macros and such. However, I'm unable to change the Fixed-Width page to Full-Width within the template editor. 

Screen Shot 2020-01-31 at 2.10.53 PM.png
Neither clicking on the title nor the body give the option to use Full Page Width for the entire document.

When users try to make a new page, they do have the option to go to Full page width from the page editor (even if they use this template) but ideally, in order to promote consistency, I'd prefer it if we could set the default page width within the template editor. 

Am I missing something or are there any plans on making this happen?

4 answers

This does not solve the issue. Same problem here... the actual template needs to be in full width... this is pathetic, not even the layout function works properly

Yes, I'm having this issue.

same goes for me i need to be able to set the template full width

Like evanbartlett likes this

Looking for how to do this too.

I am also still having this issue @Jessica . When editing a regular page, there is the icon to expand to full width. When editing a template page though, there is no option.

I also have this issue

I just ran into this and this is horrible. You can set a table to full width but the text above and below the table is not full width. Looks horrible.

Like evanbartlett likes this
3 votes
Jessica Atlassian Team Jan 31, 2020

@Erick_Ruiz

There is a user setting under Settings > Your Settings > Editor called "Enable full-width as the default for new pages." but right now there is no way to set the full-width option as default for all new pages on Confluence. 

But there is a feature request ticket created for this already. 

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-67503

You can add your self as a watcher, so anytime the development team updates it, you will receive a notification in your mailbox. Feel free to vote for it too, more votes it has, more visibility it gains! 

I am having the same problem with the template editor. Unfortunately, neither your suggestion helps nor is the linked issue about the template editor.

Like # people like this

@Jess I think you have misunderstood the question. This is about Global Templates, rather than the editor new new pages

It appears if you put everything for your template in the " > Expand " macro you can get he same result that you can set the width to be full. 

This is still not a valid answer, but it helped me get it so a template can be full width. Other macros like Placeholder Text and tables full width appear to be working as expected. This is an unacceptable workaround in my opinion.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

🥓🙅🏻‍♀️ Meet-less May Badge!

Hello Confluence Community!  What if i told you that you could have a healthier life and be 100% meet-less? This month, we're promoting a healthy, balanced work diet with Confluence. (Read m...

508 views 3 23
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you