It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Full Page Width for Template Editor

I would REALLY like to migrate my team's space templates to the new editor because it's just really intuitive for creating macros and such. However, I'm unable to change the Fixed-Width page to Full-Width within the template editor. 

Screen Shot 2020-01-31 at 2.10.53 PM.png
Neither clicking on the title nor the body give the option to use Full Page Width for the entire document.

When users try to make a new page, they do have the option to go to Full page width from the page editor (even if they use this template) but ideally, in order to promote consistency, I'd prefer it if we could set the default page width within the template editor. 

Am I missing something or are there any plans on making this happen?

3 answers

This does not solve the issue. Same problem here... the actual template needs to be in full width... this is pathetic, not even the layout function works properly

Yes, I'm having this issue.

3 votes
Jessica Atlassian Team Jan 31, 2020

@Erick_Ruiz

There is a user setting under Settings > Your Settings > Editor called "Enable full-width as the default for new pages." but right now there is no way to set the full-width option as default for all new pages on Confluence. 

But there is a feature request ticket created for this already. 

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-67503

You can add your self as a watcher, so anytime the development team updates it, you will receive a notification in your mailbox. Feel free to vote for it too, more votes it has, more visibility it gains! 

I am having the same problem with the template editor. Unfortunately, neither your suggestion helps nor is the linked issue about the template editor.

Like # people like this

@Jess I think you have misunderstood the question. This is about Global Templates, rather than the editor new new pages

I am also still having this issue @Jessica . When editing a regular page, there is the icon to expand to full width. When editing a template page though, there is no option.

I also have this issue

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

Lessons and Learnings: Six Months of Working Remote [Discussion]

Hey there, folks! For most of us, the past six months- yes, you read that right- have been a journey. More people than ever before have pivoted to working remotely, and navigating being on-scre...

8,465 views 6 6
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you