Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum in Confluence - how to?

Rumceisz October 8, 2013

Hi All,

I have an extraordinary question: is there a plugin for Confluence which enables us a forum like this Atlassian Answers?

Our developers need such a tool where advises, codes, etc could have been changed. Hence we have a Confluence with 6000+ users it would be worth to have this forum in there.

Thanks,

Rumi

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 8, 2013

There are two, sort of.

Adaptavist have a forum plugin at http://www.adaptavist.com/w/products-plugins/premium/forums/ - that's been available for quite some time.

At the Summit though, Atlassian announced Questions - it's not quite a forum, but it's heavily based on Answers here and is effectively Answers inside Confluence - have a look at https://www.atlassian.com/questions

Rumceisz October 8, 2013

Thanks for your hints!

Sad we have Confluence version 4.3.2 so none of these features could we use:(

Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2013

My experience (from a couple of years ago) with the Adaptavist forum plugin is that it is a proper forum, and it is not like Atlassian Answers.

So if you're looking for a typical forum type structure, it is a very good. However, if you want something very much like Atlassian Answers, then it probably isn't what you want.

Cheers.

Rumceisz October 8, 2013

Hello Mick,

thanks for your suggestion. I already run through this plugin. How could you use it earlier? I see that is only available for >Confluence v5

Sad, we have only v4.3

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 8, 2013

The Adaptavist one does work for older Confluences - I think I was using it on Confluence 2.something, and it definitely works for 3 and 4

Rumceisz October 8, 2013
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 8, 2013

Rumi, I'm sorry, I've just realised I haven't mentioned "Bubbles" at all.

Bubbles is the old name for Adaptavist's community forums - they are different pieces of software, one paid, one free, different code, and most importantly, different versions of Confluence supported. But they do much the same thing.

Try http://www.adaptavist.com/doco/display/Bubbles/Community+Bubbles+Plugin - you probably want to try version 2.0.4 for Confluence 4.x first

0 votes
Nicole Samel September 18, 2017

Hi Rumceisz,

Although this this post is rather old, I'd love to recommend a great social network add-on / app.

Microblogging for Confluence allows for a seamless and direct exchange of information with your team directly in the collaboration system.

Just like Twitter and Facebook, a microblog in your own Confluence enables short, spontaneous communication and quick distribution of information without switching context and media - directly in Confluence with all it's comfortable features.

You can try it here:
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/net.seibertmedia.plugin.confluence.microblog/server/overview

0 votes
Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2013

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events