Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Macro: Template for new topics

Sean Sexton November 13, 2012

I am using an Add Topic macro in conjunction with a Forum macro on a page. I would like all new topics to use a specific Template.

Is there a way to make the Add Topic macro use a specific Template? I do not see a parameter indicating that it can.

The Forum macro does have a parameter named User Post Template, but when I entered the name of my Template there, the forum macro stopped functioning. I'm not sure what else to try.

Sean

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jonathan Werth August 14, 2013

WhyWhyZ,

I stumbled across the User Post Template field as well and can't seem to get it to work. Adaptavist's documentation is less than helpful. However, I used a work around of utilizing the 'Create from Template' macro. This creates a button on the page for creating a child page using a specific template.

Hope that helps!

-Jon

Sean Sexton August 18, 2013

Thanks for the post, Jon. However, I don't see that macro in the list. We're on version 4.3.2. What version are you using?

Sean

0 votes
Michael Norton August 28, 2013

Did anyone ever figure out how the User Post Template works?

0 votes
Jonathan Werth August 18, 2013

Hi Sean,

I'm on version 5.1.3, so it must have been introduced with version 5.

-Jon

Sean Sexton August 18, 2013

Thanks for the quick reply. Apparently, we're holding off upgrading for now due to some compatibility issues. I'll revisit your solution when we get to version 5.

Sean

0 votes
Selcuk Savas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 14, 2012

Hi,

I believe add topic use "create a new page" functionality. That probably why you don't see a paramater for it.

You may need to create a new page template.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Selcuk

Sean Sexton November 20, 2012

Thanks, Seluck. I'm not sure what you mean, though, by "create a new page template". I have a template, I just don't know how to invoke it via an "Add Topic" link. My goal is to encourage anyone who adds a page to use the same template.

Does anyone have an idea how to accomplish this?

Sean

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events