Formatting or Marker in Pages Hierarchy (sidebar) to indicate it is restricted

is there a way to format the text/links in the pages hierarchy (sidebar) to show which ones are restricted to end users?

Scenario: I have several pages that are restricted to GROUP1, I want the end users to know that the "Current Projects" page is only viewable by GROUP1 users and not all users. I'd like an easy way to indicate to end users that the pages in the sidebar are restricted.I'd rather color code them or add an icon next to the link.

1 answer

1 accepted

Hi Gokul,

Your end users will only be able to see on the sidebar those pages which they have the proper permissions.

In your case, if you'd like to have a control over what is being restricted or not, Confluence displays a padlock icon on the byline when a page has current viewing or editing restrictions.

Please let us know if this helps you.

Cheers!

Is there any way i can add a custom icon near the page link which has view or edit restriction?

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

2,780 views 26 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you