Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formatting or Marker in Pages Hierarchy (sidebar) to indicate it is restricted

Gokul K September 3, 2014

is there a way to format the text/links in the pages hierarchy (sidebar) to show which ones are restricted to end users?

Scenario: I have several pages that are restricted to GROUP1, I want the end users to know that the "Current Projects" page is only viewable by GROUP1 users and not all users. I'd like an easy way to indicate to end users that the pages in the sidebar are restricted.I'd rather color code them or add an icon next to the link.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Elisa [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 3, 2014

Hi Gokul,

Your end users will only be able to see on the sidebar those pages which they have the proper permissions.

In your case, if you'd like to have a control over what is being restricted or not, Confluence displays a padlock icon on the byline when a page has current viewing or editing restrictions.

Please let us know if this helps you.

Cheers!

Gokul K September 3, 2014

Is there any way i can add a custom icon near the page link which has view or edit restriction?

Elisa [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 3, 2014

Unfortunately no. :/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events